- A Read through the requirements provided.
- B Make sure to bring your cyber-chip.
- C Ask your parents to relate how TV and Music quality has changed since when they were your age.
- D Try to understand what a digital “signal” is. In this process a value of signal is converted to a binary stream of 1’s and 0’s. Determine how you would represent the number 183 in binary. What is the value of the binary number 1001 1011 ?
- E Find out what the major parts of a computer are.
- F Find out what is meant by “data compression”. Any idea how it is done?
- G Do 4b and 4c above.
- H Find out what a “modem” is and how it does its job.
- I Do 5b and 5c above
- J If you feel able to do so, do your best to select and complete 3 items that are needed in the number 6 requirement above. Come prepared to show them to your counsellor. If you are not able to do them at this time, you may be able to do them during the 2 weeks prior to the field trip. (At least ask yourself which ones are of the most interest to you.)
- K Try to find out what dangerous chemicals might be inside of a battery, and why they might be dangerous to humans. Any ideas on how they are properly disposed?
2017 Field trip:
- 37 MacArthur Ave
- Devens, MA 01434