- Tenderfoot rank. Added materials fee of $10.
- Samuel Jones
- Adam Margetts
- Read and study your merit badge
- BEFORE THE FIRST MERIT BADGE SESSION DO THE FOLLOWING:
- 1) Do some web research so you can discuss the purpose of space-exploration, its history, and benefits to humankind.
- 2) Make a collector's card, with a picture on the front and information on the back, about your favorite space pioneer. Please bring your card to the first session on March 8th.
- 5b) Using magazine photographs, news clippings, and electronic articles (such as from the Internet), make a scrapbook about a current planetary mission (at least two pages long and bring to the first session, or you can email a pdf).
- 5c) Spend a few minutes thinking about designing a robotic mission to another planet, moon, or asteroid. We'll do the planning during our session in teams of 3.
- 6) Read an internet article on the International Space Station
- 7) Read an internet article on a planned mars base. We'll do the detailed design as a group during our session.
- SECOND WEEK BEFORE FIELD TRIP:
- Before the field trip build your model rocket (kit supplied during the first session). Plan a second launch to accomplish a specific objective (we will launch the rockets twice).
- If you do the pre-work, come to the in class session, and do your two rocket launches, you will earn the merit badge at the end of the event.
2017 Field trip:
- McAuliffe Shepard Discovery Center
- 2 Institute Drive
- Concord, NH 03301